Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My Favorite Albums Of 2012

The month of December was definitely a busy month
for me as I'm sure it was for many. I am sorry for the 
lack of updates but here we are in 2013 and I am back.
To get things started here are my top 5 albums from 2012,
enjoy!

5. 


























After the disappointing 'No Mercy' The King dropped a solid effort
in 2012 with his album 'Trouble Man'. I have to admit I wasn't that
excited for the album but I was pleasantly surprised on my first spin of it.
'Trouble Man' really had something for every kind of T.I. fan out there IMO.

4. 


























Yellowcard has been a favorite of mine for quite some time now.
I was so happy to see them drop some new material with last year's
'When You're Through Thinking, Say Yes' and when I heard they
were releasing a new album in 2012 I was definitely interested to 
see what else they had in store for fans. 'Southern Air' is a solid addition
to their catalog and I'll be looking out for their next project.

3. 


























I have to admit I wasn't really a fan of Miguel until this album but 
hey, better late than never right? I remember hearing his single Sure
Thing and I liked that song but I never really got around to listening
to that album. When Adorn dropped needless to say Miguel got my 
attention and I wanted to see what else the R&B had. With so many
R&B artist's going the euro-dance route now it was nice to hear an 
album like this. 

2. 


























Nas has always been one of my favorite artists but when you get
to the point in your career that Nas is at the quality in your music 
can sometimes suffer. However, Nas shows us why he is not your
typical artist and delivers arguably one of the best albums of his
career with 'Life Is Good'. Between this and Kendrick Lamar's 'good
kid m.A.A.d city' it's really hard to choose which I like more. All 
I can say is that if you have not listened to this album yet please do
because I doubt you will be disappointed.

1. 


























Although Hip-Hop might have been on the verge of dying a few years
back it is indeed a live and well. Kendrick Lamar showed us this
year that great music still sells even without major radio play. K-Dot
had been steadily building a fan base with the release of street albums/
mixtapes and all that hard work paid off with the release of 'good kid
m.A.A.d city'. There really hasn't been such an impressive debut
from a West Coast artist since 2005 when The Game made his debut
with 'The Documentary'. Now the world is waiting on that Cole/Kendrick
album

No comments:

Post a Comment